2020 ICAS Assessments - Science
Students are assessed across the key scientific areas of:
- Observing and measuring: Noting and measuring features of items and phenomena
- Interpreting: Interpreting data in diagrams, tables and graphs
- Predicting and concluding: Inferring information from data
- Investigating: Experimental design, use of controls and notion of ‘fair test’
- Reasoning and problem solving.
The tests cover content on:
- Earth and Beyond (incorporating the Earth Sciences and Astronomy)
- Energy and Change (incorporating Physics)
- Life and Living (incorporating Biology and Ecology)
- Natural and Processed Materials (incorporating Chemistry).
Information that the students need to respond to the question is provided in the stimulus. Some knowledge appropriate to the students' age is assumed.