2020 ICAS Assessments - Digital Technologies
ICAS Digital Technologies
Students are assessed across the skills and knowledge areas of:
- Graphics and multimedia
- Internet use and email programs
- Networks and other communications systems
- Operating systems and computer hardware
- Word processing.
The tests cover content on:
- Digital systems including hardware and software, operating systems, cloud computing and data representation
- Basic and advanced operations and formatting in word processing, use of tables, style sheets, animations and referencing
- Presentations, integrated multimedia and data visualisation
- Use of search engines, emails, web design, social media, online collaborative projects and the application of social and ethical protocols and practices in the use of digital technologies
- Use of operations to maintain and manage data and databases
- Programming principles and concepts including block-based coding, flowcharts, sequence, loops, pseudocode, algorithms and desk checking.